Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Easel Card and Cocktail Party reminder!

Hi everyone!

I have another MFTeaser of the newest set from My Favorite Things called "Ride em Cowgirl!" that will be available tonight (Wednesday) after the release party on Splitcoaststampers.

The party is from 8-10 p.m. CENTRAL time....join us for MFTeasers and your chance to become the next Guest Designer.

This card is an easel design I developed after making a card that was too large to cut from a standard sheet of cardstock. This card is normal size--I just wanted to look of the easel design. I used two tab punches to connect the front and back panels--and used the punched stars on top. A fun way to make a card.

The design of this is inspired by a quilt. I used my Scor-Pal to score each quilted square! It was so simple and adds a lot to the finished design.

The image is colored with Prismacolor pencils and I used a piece of hemp for her rope. I added the cute cactus stamped images on either side of her to create a little scene.

Here is a close up of the quilted pattern and of the main image:


Materials used: Stamps-Ride em Cowgirl, Behind the Scenes (My Favorite Things); ink-brilliance black; brilliant blue (SU!); cardstock-white, red, blue, pumpkin, olive; Prismacolor pencils; odorless mineral spirits; brads (SU!); Scor-Pal; tab punch and star punches (SU!); dimensionals (SU!); hemp (SU!).
Hope to see you at the release party!
Thanks for stopping by!

29 comments:

Laura lok said...

beautiful card going to try to make it

A Year Of Quotes said...

So pretty! Your projects are all beautiful. :-)

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Cammi~o bright and cherry. Love the score lines and all the panels. Great job!!

Susan G said...

Oh my--I just ordered the star punches. Now I have another idea for using them. Your bag and card are so cute! I'm waiting on my Scor-Pal so I'll be putting it to use, too. Love the quilted look.

Lee said...

Love it!! What a great quilt design, using the Scor-Pal.........which I am TOTALLY getting soon!!!! I'm new to MFT and I'll try to check out the party a bit!

Anonymous said...

The card is beautiful, I love all of the colors. Thanks so much for all of your wonderful scoring tips to do with the scor-pal. I honestly never would have thought of that, it's brilliant!

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous Carolyn! I love the colours and layout you used! Great embossed lines! Adds so much to the card!
Hope to sneak in tonight to the party!

Carolina said...

Love it...I will try very hard to make it to the release party...this set image is just too cute! I have so been meaning to try the quilt technique with the scor-pal...thanks for the inspiration!

Judy Rozema said...

That scoring really looks awesome! Love the little cactus at her feet!

Libby Hickson said...

This is sooo cute! Love the quilt inspiration and the fun colors! So is it possible for a Texan *NOT* to buy this set? I'm thinking no!!

Judi said...

So cute! When I grow up, I want to make cards just like you. :)

Linda Carson said...

LOVE IT!

Melanie said...

the quilt is fantastic!! I didn't think I could like it better than your previous project, but I DO!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute and fabulous!!! I love the colors and the style of card. I have never tried it, but I think I need to!!

Karen Kelly said...

Love, love, love this card! The panels are so colorful!

Unknown said...

Very cool Cammie!! I love the "quilted" squares!! What a great great card! :)

jjcreations said...

This is so bright and wonderful. I like the "quilt" look to it and the little cactus are fantastic. Joan

Anonymous said...

So adorable! And I love this bold & sassy colors!

~Bev

Vicki G said...

SWEET!!! You are so darn talented Cammie!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice work on this card, and I love all the score lines. I guess now I'm simply going to have to invest in a Scor-Pal : )

carole (TruCarMa) said...

It was too crazy in the forum for me to see this last night, but it's GORGEOUS, girlfriend! Seriously love it, and if you're feeling a need to RAK me, why... : ) And you're making me think I need a Scor-Pal even though I have a gigantic Scor-it.

Robyn said...

Great card Cammie!

Christina Fischer said...

I LOVE this card! All the dimension and texture is fabulous, and the colors are great! Didn't get a chance to comment on it last night -- those parties make my head spin! :)

Carla said...

This is adorable! You are so clever with your ScorPal! I want one, but I just don't think I have room for it!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...this is so fun and I love the colors!! I love your "quilted" squares too!! Awesome, Carolyn!! :D

Juanita B said...

Wonderful card! I love the colors and the hemp rope makes it very special. You're a genius, TFS.

Mindy said...

That's how we like 'em in Texas! Love that little cowgirl.....the quilted background and the colors are great.

Jennifer Buck said...

Another cutie! I love the colors on this one! :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Ohhh, I love it. Bright and colourful = very cheerful and fun.