Monday, August 11, 2008

MIX IT UP

Tonight I am going to share with you one of the sets that I missed previewing because I was away....sigh!

I just love this set Botanical Dreams, illustrated by Asela Hopkins for Gina K. Designs....this flower is one of my favorites.

I decided to MIX IT UP today and I colored the image with a combination of Prismacolor pencils, Koh-i-noor pencils, Copic Markers and Twinkling H2Os----and this is how I did it:


I stamped the flower with Brilliance black ink (because it works well with all of these coloring mediums).

I used a yellow Prismacolor pencil to apply a bit of color to the border of the image FIRST! I used Odorless Mineral Spirits to pull the color away from the image.

Then, I colored the leaves of the image with Copic markers. I like the leaves to be a nice rich color so I chose to use markers for this detail.

I used my pink Koh-i-noor pencil for the flowers. They blend beautifully and I was very happy with the result as this was my first time trying them out. I will be using these a lot in the future!

Next, I colored the pot with a few different colors of Prismacolor pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits.

Finally, I added a hint of sparkle to the flower by touching the petals with some Twinkling H2Os! Whola! Finished!





Here is a close up of the image--you can see the halo of light surrounding the flower a bit better in this picture.





I am going to work on doing a Copic marker step-by-step tutorial once I have a few more dt commitments taken care of. I learned a lot of great hints at the Copic Certification class that I would love to share with you all!

Materials used: Botanical Dreams (Asela Hopkins for Gina K Designs); cardstock-white, olive (Stampin' Up!); Designer Yellow Paper (Cosmo Cricket); Brilliance black ink; Copic Markers; Prismacolor pencils; Koh-i-noor pencils; Odorless Mineral Spirts (Gina K. Designs); blending stumps; Twinkling H2Os (Lumiere Arts); Oval/Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Cropadile; circle punch (SU!); large grommet (SU!); gingham ribbon (Offray); paper piercing tool and mat pack (SU!); dimensionals (SU!).

Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

Unknown said...

We missed you! Welcome back!

Rita said...

Beautiful card & luv how you colored it! love the two differend scallop shapes together too!

Ila said...

Gorgeous!! love the colors, scallops an the way you used your ribbon on the oval!

Carolina said...

Gorgeous Cammie!!! The colors are mixed just perfectly and the layout just perfect to show off this beautiful image!

Lydia Fiedler said...

Oooh - it's lovely!!!

And please do share - the copic people won't come to Texas - I think they're afraid of snakes!! :)

Cris A said...

Very pretty card! I can't wait to see your Copic tutorial!!! I'm scared to use mine!

Pinky Roth said...

Cami, I just got this set a couple of weeks ago and I love it also. I have not had much time to play w/them, but they are awesome stamps! Your card is gorgeous!

Pinky

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous design all around!

Janine said...

This is just a gorgeous card!!
Have a great day!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Very interesting how you used so many different mediums to color one image -- love your shading around the image -- thanks!!! The card is great!!! I love this image, too!!!

jjcreations said...

Wonderful card - you've done such a fantastic job colouring! Joan

dpkennedy said...

So pretty! Love the added sparkle!

Catherine said...

a copic tutorial... woo hoo! i have some and for the life of me, have a hard time using it =(

Love your card =)

Libby Hickson said...

This is gorgeous! I just recently got this set - orchids are my favorite flower, and this is the prettiest orchid stamp I've found! now I just need to find some time to ink it up! LOVE what you did with it!!!

Christi Flores said...

Gorgeous card!! Wow!!

Christina Fischer said...

This is gorgeous!!! Your layout and color choices are fantastic! It's the perfect mix!! :)

Melanie said...

gorgeous coloring!!! I have petite scallop envy...sigh

Sonia said...

Hi Cammie
Gorgeous Card!!!!

Sony :)

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, and your coloring is fabulous, Cammie!! I love it!!

Bethany Paull said...

This is totally lovely. Really like that tab on the oval.

Lee said...

Wow!! Simply GORgeous and the flowers are showcased so fantastically with the outlining!!!

Elaine said...

This is very pretty! Can't tell there were different coloring mediums used; your coloring looks great!