Monday, February 8, 2010

Gina K Preview Day 2

Before I head into the preview info...I just want to say---
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINA!

Wow...there is just so much goodness being released this month at Gina K Designs. Tonight, the design team is back with some more peeks of new sets--Oh Baby (by Rupa Shevde) and Pressed Flowers (by Melanie Muenchinger).

First up---Oh Baby! I created this simple baby card with this set: I used the three ducks stamps (which I adore!) and popped the image up so that I could add some hemp string underneath.

I added some tiny silver dots to the wheel centers, some Report Card-October Afternoon designer paper and some jute twine.

Easy!

Next is a card I created with Pressed Flowers:
This card took on an Asian feel because of the colors I chose...ivory, kraft, blue and black. I used Inspiration Mosaic to create the background and used a sentiment from Inside & Out, which will be previewed on Wednesday (I am bad!)

As a final touch, I added some sateen flowers and self adhesive rhinestones to the design.

They all worked so well together, I couldn't resist. Pressed Flowers works well with every set....to accent other flowers or to use with A Year of Flowers and do two step stamping!
The Pressed Flowers stamp set was designed to be a perfect companion to Melanie's A Year of Flowers set! It is also a perfect stand alone set as each bold stamp image lends itself to many techniques as you will see on each designer's blogs tonight!


Start with the Illustrator's blog Melanie Muenchinger and then visit these designer's blogs for even more samples with this stamp set and Rupa Shevde's Oh Baby Stamp set as well!
* also previewing the new Card Kit Stamp set: Spring Florals

Stop back tomorrow for more Gina K previews. Thanks for stopping by!

31 comments:

Maria said...

Cammie! This is fabulous! When I saw the rose that Gina shared I was like OMG two step stamping for A Year of Flowers!! :-) Love what you did for both!

Melanie said...

hee hee on the ducky card! great job! ;)

fantastic mosaic, beautiful!!! I love it! i see some hang in there too :)

TexasGrammy said...

Such a smart addition of the mosaic stamp to your lovely floral card, Cammie!

I'm with you on lovin' the duckies! Too cute!

~Bev

Giovana said...

Beautiful creations!! Both cards are amazing!
God bless.
Giovana

Gloria Westerman said...

These are just to cute...and elegant too......

Melissa said...

Amazing works of art Cammie!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Lovely cards--love the dimension and twine with the duckies! And the color combo is so elegant on the flower beauty!

hugz,
Suzanne

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE these, Cammie! That duck stamp is just adorable .. love how you linked 'em up with twine ... too cute!

Becky said...

These are just lovely.

Debby said...

the ducks are really cute and the other card is beautiful!

Lee said...

Saaaweeeet!!! I totally love the little silver "bearings" on the wheels!!!! And gorgeous flower design with that wonderful Inspiration Mosaic!!!

Allison said...

Both cards are great. Love the second one especially!

NinaB said...

I love the layered duckies with the silver wheels - so cute. And great job pairing the Mosaic with the flowers.

Amber Hight said...

Oooo, I LOVE the last card, fantastic;)

Sharri said...

Beautiful cards Carolyn!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful cards, Cammie! That CAS baby card is so sweet and I love the colors and the combination with Inspiration Mosaic on the second one!

Denise Marzec said...

Goodness, girl, you rock! LOVE how you did the hemp twine with the ducks, and that floral card is BEAUTIFUL!

Donna said...

Great cards, Cammie! Love those little ducks. Your flower card looks so elegant. Love the colors.

Tina said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I love these!!! All of them are wonderful. My fav is the kraft, I think... but very hard to choose from all of them; they so rock!

Cat Tidwell said...

LOVE em Camster! Those ducks with the checked dp, and twine, so awesome and love the Asian feel on the 2nd one!

Anonymous said...

Two very sweet creations hun! LOVE those duckies...how cute are they with the wheels!!

Beautiful second card with your flower image!! STUNNING!!

Patti J said...

Beautiful creations, Cammie! The baby card is just too sweet (lots of cutting!), and your Thank you card is SO elegant! Well done!

Betty Neville said...

Two beautiful cards! The baby card is adorable and love the elegant look of the flower card!

Lynette said...

That first card is so darling, and the second one is so beautiful! Great cards, Cammie!

Unknown said...

Cammie, I LOVE your cards tonight - especially the one with Mel's sets... it's so elegant!! Love those duckies too!

Lori said...

Sweet baby card! I LOVE the colors on your second card, great mix.

Joanne (jojot) said...

so adorable

Lynn Mercurio said...

Bravo, Carolyn...such fantastic creations. The blue, black and kraft is such a divine color combination!

Deebi27 said...

Since I started at the bottom of the list, I have seen many ducky cards and each one is different and yet this one is wonderful. Love the dimensional effect of the duckies that were used. Great 50's look. I knew when I got the Inspirational Mosaic stamp set, I had a most versatile set. Here you once again showed just that. Another great idea...thanks!

Rose Ann said...

Your duckie card is adorable, Cammie...and your floral card is gorgeous!

Deborah Anton said...

Oh! I love this!!