Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's a Challenge


Ok....here is the card I did for a challenge I have with a few friends. Here is the deal--a few months ago, my friend Tosh emailed me to see if I wanted to be part of a little group. The idea is that we would have challenges we would do on mondays and one week a month a member of the group would email out a package to the others with a special assignment.
This week the challenge was to use Certainly Celery, Pale Plum and Eggplant to make a card--the catch--to make it a winter or Christmas themed card. Had I known this challenge was coming-I would have said no right off the bat!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Sorry...I hate it when that happens.
Clean up on aisle 9!
Back to the card. Hmmm...I used the colors specified but didn't have any pale plum on hand (what a pity!) and I wasn't about to go out and purchase a pack for one card...so i improvised with that color.
I created a tag card. It is tag shaped but it is actually a card. It measures 3 by 5.5. The image is from Inkadinkadoo and the sentiment is from Gina K Designs.
I used my cuttlebug snow folder to create the background white layers. I used a snowflake punch (Martha Stewart) to bring the Eggplant color into the design a bit more---I mean, it is normal to see Eggplant snow, right?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ekk..sorry!
Anyway. I threaded my celery ribbon (the green saved me on this one!) through a peice of hardware and then match the silver to the brads going through the snowflakes and the eyelet on top. Finally, I added to icicle stickles to the hat and scarf of the snowman.
Ok..there it is....gotta go clean up this mess!
Tosh...I love ya...and it is not just because you are turning 40! (gasp!) on tuesday!

15 comments:

Alli Miles said...

You soooo have to stop with the barfy guy! *lol* Your card is stunning. I love the colours and the embellies.

Angel said...

Love your card! Could do without the pukey smiley, though! hehe! So glad you started bloggin' ~ I'm going to add you to my blog roll, if that's ok??

Unknown said...

Your card is gorgeous!! You did a great job with the challenge, I love it!

Christina Fischer said...

No need for barfing -- this card turned out beautifully! You did a fantastic job with the challenge!

Michelle Pearson said...

Lovin this....it's a different color combo for a snowman, but it's fun! Love the tag detail, the cuttlebugging and the snowflakes. Very fun!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that card. I think you pulled off the colors very well. I know it may not be your fave, but hey....most of us love anything you do!

Amber (bambi64) said...

lol you can come write on my blog anytime!!! Too funny! I might be in time out with you since I am talking to you!!! lol

Anonymous said...

I love your card. Very pretty. I think you did a great job even though you think it is pukey. By the way, is there a rule against that. LOL

Julie Campbell said...

Oh my gosh! I think this card is AMAZING! Why don't you like it? I think the colors are great! The embossed areas and embellishments are just right!

Anonymous said...

I love your card and to be honest I get a real kick out of your barfy smiley guy! I'm glad you decided to have a blog because your stuff is always awesome!

Melissa said...

I think it's awesome and am now adding those colors to my "To Try" list!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh you crazy women, I am madly in love with this card and it went right to the faves.

How funny, your right you do put a lot more stuff in your blog, I had NO idea you felt so strongly about the card. Its beautiful

Billie

Unknown said...

Thud! It is gorgeous!

Amy said...

Amazing card, I love it!!!

Debbie Yates said...

I think you did a wonderful job on this challenge - that makes it a successful challenge..right?!?! God bless-