I have seen many ornaments made from these tins since she did hers (-cause it is a great idea!) but I wanted to make my scene inside a little bit more dimensional than just having it flush to the back of the tin.
Here is what I did. I punched a circle from my Basic Grey dp and adhered it to the back of the tin like this:
I used my Nestability dies to do this (as there is one the exact size!) but if you do not have them you can simply trace the lid of the tin to create the circles.
Then, I stamped the image I wanted to use -from Gina K Designs "Got Snow?" set- (http://www.ginakdesigns.com/) and colored it in. I added a layer of clear embossing powder to make it more sturdy. Then I added some liquid applique for the snow. (Caution: you only need to dab it....it really puffs up with the heat tool). Then I punched another circle (using Nestability dies) out of a acetate sheet.
I adhered the image to the acetate like this:
Then, I flipped the acetate over and applied Scotch mounting tape (two layers) on the bottom and dimensional stickers (again, two layers) to the top of the image. You want to avoid putting tape anywhere you can see through!
Here is what it looked like at this stage:
Then I placed my acetate circle inside the tin and it gave the snowman scene great dimension because it was not right up against the background.
I added Daisy Ds snowflake transfers to the front of the tin and then added the hanger. (I originally saw Nichole punch a hole in the top of the tin with a cropadile but I could NOT get mine to work so I went with plan b.) I adhered the ribbon with hot glue and made sure the lid slid over the edge of the ribbon for added security. Finally, I added the bow and whola--finished product!
This was really easy and a cute Christmas ornament. This scene really brings back childhood memories for me.
I will let my (almost!) five year old son play with this when he gets home and let you know if the hanger is durable. He breaks everything so it will be a good test!!!
Thanks for stopping by!