Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A MFT Shaped Card!

Tonight My Favorite Things (http://www.mftstamps.com/) released three new sets: Be Mine, Happy Occasions and Punny Farm!



I am pretty tired from the release party so I am just gonna show you a card I created for the My Favorite Guest competition. (You can check out all the details in the MFT forum on http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/! You still have time to play along!!!)



I cut out the heart (using red cardstock) and then I traced it on the designer paper. Why???--first to make it more sturdy and, second, because I still create free hand hearts like I did in grade school--fold paper and cut half the shape so the halves match!



I created the center part using Nestability dies and...here is the fun part---the heart doesn't open, rather the center circle does. I used the word window punch (SU!) to connect the front circle to the one inside.



To do this, I cut three plain circles all the same size--two vanilla and one red. I stamped the sentiment on the inside circle. I attached the front panel to the back panel using the word window punch (the tab goes on the back of the front vanilla circle and then adheres to the back of the inside vanilla piece.



I used the red circle to cover up the word window punch that you could see on the back of the front panel! Hope that makes sense...I think I just confused myself!







This view might help explain it: (See how the word window doesn't show on the back of the opened section...the red circle covers it!)





Materials used: Stamps--Be Mine (My Favorite Things); ink-black, red; cardstock-vanilla, red, SU! designer paper; word window punch (SU!); Nestability dies; cuttlebug; ribbon; clear button; ribbon (Offray); dimensionals (SU!).

Have a great day!

12 comments:

Rita said...

Wow, girl!!! Your so crafty, this is beautiful, what a great idea! I really like the the fact that the red circle is what opens up, I luv it!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable, Cam! And so clever, too. Love the way the heart is the backbone of the circle card -- you're something, sister!

Unknown said...

Great design Carolyn ~ love the unique way that this card opens!

tyrymom29 said...

Very Sweet Card !! I love it !!!

Unknown said...

Well, how smart are you!?! Love your design on that card. You rock!

Christina Fischer said...

Great card!! Love the way it opens! You girls definitely know how to party -- I had a great time! :)

Amy Sheffer said...

What a unique card. Love it! I showed up last night unfashionably late, just as everyone was saying 'night. But I did enjoy looking through all the new samples. You and the other designers did a fantastic job showcasing the new sets!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

The party was so fun!! I could not type fast enough for the contest though! love your heart card. Hopefully I have time to work on one when I get off work. Just got home from the eye doctor. My little one needs glasses.

Janine said...

What a cute card... Can;t wait to get my MFT sets.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

this is just the cutest Carolyn! So sweet!

Rose Ann said...

This is so awesome! I love how you've colors those chocolates, and the way the card opens. Love the polka dots too!!

Debbie Olson said...

What a great idea--LOVE it!