Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Simple Cards and BRAKS

Just a quick post today---things are really busy around here but I wanted to share these five minute cards I made last night while watching American Idol! (The first time I have been able to sit down and watch it all season!)

I just got this designer paper from My Mind's Eye. I bought a huge slab at my local LSS and I really LOVE almost all of the patterns in it.

I was in a simple mood so I brought down a few items and planted myself in front of the tv and created these simple designs.

These were simple to create---I used the same materials for both and the only stamping on them is the "Enjoy" sentiment, which is from a clear Hero Arts set that I use ALL THE TIME! The flowers are created using a Cuttlebug die.

Here is a picture of both cards-
For the single flower card, I simply layered the designer paper over white cardstock. I cut a strip of the striped paper and then used my cuttlebug to create the flower. I pierced the stem and "faux" stitched it with chocolate chip marker.

For this card, the flower die cuts are layered on the dp strip. I paper pierced a row on top of the strip (but it doesn't show up well in the photo). I also pierced three holes on either side of the Enjoy sentiment.

Materials used: cardstock-white, close to cocoa (Stampin' Up!); Designer paper by My Mind's Eye; sentiment stamp (Hero Arts); corner rounder punch (Creative Memories); Chocolate chip ink and marker(SU!); Cuttlebug and flower die; paper piercing tool; buttons (Stampin' Up!).

Here are some birthday RAKs I received in the mail yesterday/today:
My dear friend Tosh sent me this beauty along with a huge box of FUN embellishments. Thank you my friend! Your too sweet to me. This card is just breathtaking!
Sweet Tammy sent me this beauty---the flower is so glittery and there are many glittery accents on the bird. It is a stunner for sure. Thank you so much Tammy! I adore this!

My neighbor, Deborah, gave me this awesome card (along with another gift card holder and a gift card to my favorite stamping store AND lots of other fun stuff!) when she took me out to lunch yesterday. She used my stamp set "Framed Flowers" for this card. Thanks Deb--you KNOW how much I love this and your friendship!

The talented Dawn L sent me this adorable card--it is such a cute scene and I just love the created background and the fantastic color combination. Thanks Dawn---I love it!


Thanks for stopping by!
I won't be posting tomorrow as I will be spending the day with my family!

27 comments:

jjcreations said...

All of these are wonderful. I like the little swirlly stem on your button flower. Joan

Lee said...

Beautiful matching set!!! And wonderful RAKs for a special lady!!! Enjoy your birthday time with your family!!

Carolina said...

Love the simple cards - you made less is more so true with these.

Wonderful BRAKs...hope you have a wonderful Birthday tomorrow!

LorettaL said...

Going to have to get after my birthday notifier mothermarkifier - she didn't let me know your b-day was coming... *sigh* It's sad when things get old-ish and break down!

Have a spleniferous birthday!!!

Janine said...

Great card and great mail!!! Happy birthday!!

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful cards Carolyn! Glad you were able to sit and watch AI!

Your BRAKs are all fantastic too!

stampmonkey said...

What pretty cards you made (I love MME papers!) -- simple is good!

And how blessed you are to have received so many beautiful birthday cards from friends! I'll be busy tomorrow too, so I'm gonna go ahead and wish you a happy birthday a day early. Hope it's wonderful. ;D

Monica said...

Love the flower card you made.. it's so pretty!! You did receive some beautiful cards! Happy Birthday!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Love the cards that you made, they are so fabulous!!! Hope you have a wonderful day with your family!!

Alex said...

Simple but beautiful!! I love them!! For some reason, you dropped out of my blogger reader, but just saw your link on Rose Ann's site so now I have your blog back....lots to look at, you do such beautiful work!!!

Have a fabulous birthday tomorrow and enjoy your time with your family!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Libby Hickson said...

So cute and simple - I just love these!

Kathleen said...

Thanks for showing some simple cards! After viewing blog after blog sometimes I feel such pressure to layer and layer and embellish and embellish. Both of this cards are lovely and simple! Thanks so much for that!! Have a lovely birthday~

Anonymous said...

Your simple cards look wonderful and the RAK's you received are gorgeous! You deserve them.
Hugs and smiles

Bethany Paull said...

I like how you did up the buttons on the cb flowers. Pretty!

Judi said...

Very nice. Love the faux stitching. The BRAKs are very nice and so thoughtful.

A Year Of Quotes said...

Both of your cards are very pretty. Love the embellishments. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are lovely! Simple but beautiful!

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful cards made and received! Have a wonderful birthday!

Rita said...

These cards are great, nice & simple, I like simple once in awhile!

Great birthday RAK's Carolyn! Happy Birthday!!!

Juanita B said...

ALL of the cards are fantastic!! I love the simplicity of your cards and the papers. TFS

Christina Fischer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I hope you're enjoying your day with your family! Your simple cards are fantastic! :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Adorable cards Cam!! I love the dp!! And you do simple soooo well!! Awesome job...and you made cards while watching tv? You multitasker you. I'm more and more impressed everyday!!

You are such a sweetheart and deserve a happy day!! Glad you liked the supplies and card!! Have a happy, happy day my friend!!! Hugs!!

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday my friend! Enjoy being older than me for a five months, and I'll catch up with you in a few!

Deb Wood said...

WOW, you got some really wonderful cards!! Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, Carolyn! Seems I'm always late for the party... Hope you day was a fun one.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ou Ou ou! I have that flower die and have had no idea how to use it. This is just gorgeous! Thank you for the inspiration, :0) mel

Rose Ann said...

Your "simple" cards are gorgeous!! I love them both!!

Beautiful BRAK's too!!