Thursday, July 10, 2008

Look at this beauty---and a New Home Keychain

Isn't this card just AWESOME?????? I thought so too! No---It isn't one of mine---the very talented Pamela Smerker designed this card for the Papercrafts Idol contest. She used my Framed Flowers set (Gina K Designs) on it and I just think that it is stunning. I asked Pam if she would mind if I showed off her card on my blog.

Pamela won a top 20 spot in the contest with this card. You can check out her card (and the rest of the finalist cards) for the next round here. Don't forget to vote!!!

Congratulations to all the finalists in the contest!!!!


Here is a little project I created with the new Papertrey Ink set called Boards & Beams. Since we just moved, I thought it would be a cute gift for my dh----to keep his house key on.

I stamped the house image on white cardstock and on a piece of cardboard. After coloring and cutting out the image, I adhered it to the cardboard using Modge Podge. I stamped the sentiment on the back on the key chain, sponging the edges to make it look like wood. After the project was assembled, I used my Cropadile to punch the hole at the top for the key ring. Then, I applied a layer of Modge Podge over the key chain.

Here is a view of the back:


I love how this sentiment is done---mixing the different fonts.
Materials used: Stamps-Boards & Beams (Papertrey Ink); Copic markers; sponge; olive, choc chip and cocoa classic markers (Stampin' Up!); brilliance black stamp pad; cardboard; white cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Cropadile; Modge Podge; key ring.
Finally, I would like to let my sweet friend Carole know that although I am on a bit of a hiatus right now---I SEE EVERYTHING---paypacks are coming! SNORT!
Hope you are having a GREAT summer!
Thanks for stopping by!

31 comments:

Jennifer Buck said...

Both are absolutely adorable! Hope all is well with you! :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love your keychain and how you used the Boards & Beams set to create such a nice item. When you said you adhered your cardstock onto cardboard...did you use cardboard, or chipboard?

Thanks for sharing this great project with us!

Dawn Easton said...

That card is gorgeous! She did a fabulous job on it and I see why it was chosen!!
Your keychain is wonderful!! LOVE that idea. My husband might actually use it! It's manly! My keychain is too fru-fru-y as he says...haha!

StampinCathy said...

This card is so pretty. I just adore your keychain. I might have to add this to my list of things to make for Christmas. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

How clever! This is adorable. Are you all moved in yet?

Take care!

Shawn

Ila said...

This card is Gorgeous..I can certainly see why it won!
Your keychain project is Awesome...what a great idea!!

Allison said...

What a super cute keychain. Hope all is going well with the new house!

A Year Of Quotes said...

Hi Carolyn! That house key is so cute! Such great gift idea.

Terri said...

What a great idea for use with the board and beams set.

jjcreations said...

Great card and I like your little keychain.....gets the creative juices going. Thanks for the inspiration. Joan

stampmonkey said...

Such a clever idea, Cammie! Darling keychain!!

Pamela did a beautiful job on her card using your stamp set. Bet you feel like a proud mama. lol

Libby Hickson said...

Super cute keychain, and Pamela's card is gorgeous! And glad to see you're not letting Carole get away with that...! ;-)

dpkennedy said...

Love that keychain! What a great idea and great gift!

Alex said...

Your keychain is awesome, I just love it!! And, that card blows my socks off!!! You are so very talented, designing stamps, making fabulous projects, can I be you when I grow up??!!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Christi Flores said...

This keychain is such an awesome idea!! I love it!! What a beautiful RAK as well. Gorgeous!!

Deb Wood said...

These are both fabulous!! Totally cool idea hor the house key!

Carolina said...

Totally have to agree with you, the card is just stunning! Love the keychain...what a fun project and a great way to celebrate your new home - hope you're having fun settling in.1

Dawnie said...

I am absolutely going to have to buy Boards & Beams now! That is too cute and as a decorator, I can so justify the purchase. I've been thinking about it, Cammie, so thanks for pushing me over the edge.

Dawnie

Barbara Schram said...

Love the keychain, Cammie! How rewarding it must be to see your gorgeous stamps come to life when designers use them! Such a neat card! Hope you are doing well, take good care!

Anonymous said...

I love the key chain, what a terrific idea. What a great gift idea!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word!
This is just far tooooooo clever, Ms. Cammie!! I love this little key fob! Hubby surely loves this gem!

~Bev

Lee said...

Yes, the card is gorgeous.....and I LOVE your New Home keychain idea!! Soooo cool!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love your key chain and think there is a lot of creativity put into it. i love how it's a house since it is for a house key!!!

Unknown said...

I just love that key chain! I bought this set and was thinking of housewarming gifts and that idea just never occurred to me!

You were the runner up for Project of the Week over at Card of the Week.com.

You can check out the original post at http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2008/07/card-of-the-w-3.html

If you would like an "I was featured on" button for your blog, email me at barefootstamper@gmail.com and I'll get you the code.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us!!

Rose Ann said...

Pamela's card is very beautiful, I can see why she was recognized!!

I LOVE your keychain you made for your DH! It turned out AWESOME!!

Bethany Paull said...

Isn't that little house the cutest? But I just love what you did with it. Perect colors and it really does look like wood.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super gorgeous card and I love the keychain!!

Anonymous said...

Your keyring is beautiful! I am sorry to hear about your grandma. Love you and hope you are doing OK.

Debbie Olson said...

Pamela's card is fabulous, and I LOVE your key chain too--how very clever and creative!

Rita said...

This was an adorable idea & I'm sure he loved it!!!
As you can see I am catching up on my blurfing!!!

Andrea said...

Thank you so much for sharing your crafty inspirations with us! I don't have the Boards & Beams set - but I do have the SU! Neighborhood wheel. I used the inspiration of your house keychain and made a keychain of my own!

http://scissors-cut-paper.blogspot.com/2008/07/welcome-to-neighborhood.html