Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tutorial: Two Easy to Be True Treat Holder!

Hello ya'll! Hope you had a great "long" weekend.

Today, I am sharing a super easy way to package a few little treats for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, a birthday or just because! I posted THIS treat holder last week and someone at the Gina K release party asked if I could post a tutorial on it....so this is it.

I changed it a bit just to give another variation: What you will need:
6" by 6" square of cardstock (which will be the base of your treat holder)
ribbon (for handle and for embellishing if you wish)
Scor-Pal
Scissors
Stamps and scrap of cardstock to embellish front (my supplies are listed at the end of tutorial)
Cropadile


Step 1: Take 6" by 6" cardstock sheet and score it at 2" and 4". Turn cardstock one rotation and score again at 2" and 4". (See next step if you need a visual of scored squares.)

Step 2: Cut two slits on either side of cardstock as shown below. I folded up the center squares on each side to show you where it was cut. Fold at all score lines.


Step 3: (Optional) I decorated my first box with ribbons and this one with a ribbon band. This is an optional step if you would like to embellish your box this way. Before you have assembled the box, measure the spot you would like to punch holes with your Cropadile. In the first box I created, I measured five holes on the front and back center panels using my Stampin' Up Mat pack to create evenly spaced holes for ribbons. For this example, I measured two holes on either side of the front panel so I could thread ribbon through. After marking the spots where you want holes, punch with Cropadile. (You will see the punched holes in Step 6.)
Tip: The front and back panels are on the sides that you have not cut.


Step 4: Apply Scor-Tape or adhesive to cut center panels on both sides.

Step 5: Adhere back flaps over adhesive. Line that flap with adhesive and adhere front flap over it.


Step 6: Here is the assembled base. You can see here the two holes I punched with my Cropadile (from Step 3.) At this point, I took my Cropadile again and punched two holes on either side of the box to insert a ribbon handle.

Step 7: I added a ribbon tie through the front holes and inserted the ribbon handle through the holes on either side of the box.


Step 8: Stamp a design and mat before adhering to front of box.


Step 9: Here is my finished box. I added a little tag on the top and candies inside.

Materials used: Cardstock-white, lipstick red, innocent pink (Gina K Designs); Stamps- Dream Birds, Warm and Fuzzy (Gina K Designs); ribbon (Offray, Gina K Designs); Scor-Pal, Cropadile; Copic Markers.
Easy! I would love to see what you create if you use this tutorial! If you leave me a comment, I will be sure to check it out.
Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh so stinkin' cute, Carolyn!

Gloria Westerman said...

How adorable.....this is the cutest thing ever....thank you for the tutorial.....

JenMarie said...

Absolute cuteness!
Psst ~ I've got a giveaway on my blog...a new release ippity set!

Denise Marzec said...

Soooo cute! Great tutorial too, thanks for writing that up. :)

Mary Friederichsen said...

So Cute Cammie! I love the artwork that you attached to the front of your basket....to cute!!

Thank you for taking the time to write up the tutorial. I know those take time to do and it is appreciated!
Have a great week!
Hope your Husband is feeling better,that his back is getting better with each day.

Erin Smetak said...

What a great box!!!! I SO need something like this too! For Valentine's gifts, I made those 2-5-7-10 boxes for the umpteenth time! I will definitely be trying this out sometime! Thanks for the tutorial!!!!

Debby said...

great tutorial thanks!

Tracey said...

This is so adorable Cammie! Love it!! xx

Casmiles said...

Fun!!! Great tutorial too. Thanks, Cammie!

Tina said...

So cute!!! Great tutorial.

Joanne (jojot) said...

sweet packaging for some sweets

Scattered Scrapper said...

Great tutorial. Very easy to follow. I just love your bag. It is too cute.

ScatteredScrapper

Anonymous said...

Hey very nice blog!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

So very cute, Camster! Great tutorial, too!

I just got back from vacation, and the postman delivered your darling 'fashionably late' card and yummy m&ms! Thank you so much for remembering my birthday!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute box - Cammie!!! Your tutorial rocks..~TFS~ Hugs ~S~

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.