Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gina K Preview Day 3 and off to Eclipse

Hello and welcome to Day 3 of the Gina K Previews! If you missed last night...you might want to check out the awesome creations the dt shared on the hop.

I cannot wait to see what everyone created with tonight's sets. Lots of great images. But...I am gonna have to wait to peek because my sweet daughter somehow convinced me that we need to be among the first throngs of people to see Eclipse tonight. I will let you know how it is for any of you who follow the Twillight stuff.

I created this card using Hugs & Prayers set (illustrated by Nina Brackett). I chose to go with a black and white theme to highlight some of the gorgeous filled in images in the set.

I used the solid bird and flowers to create a faux embossed look. (I achieved this look by stamping the images on white cardstock in black ink and then I carefully cut around the images leaving a white border. When you add these to onyx black cardstock, it gives the illusion that they are embossed...but they are not!) Cool eh? I added a strip of vellum along the side of the image and embossed the white panel in the background before adding the focal image to the card base.

For even more samples with the stamp sets being previewed tonight, check out these designer's links:


We'd also like to invite you to attend our Release Party this Thursday, July 1st starting at 7 pm central on StampTV! There will be challenges, contest questions, and more samples from our designers on all the new stamp sets being released this month! We'd love to have you join in on the fun!
Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Kary said...

Great design and colours. Love your card!!!

JaniceAileen said...

Such a fun card! I like that scalloped strip of vellum--very cool. Yeah, I'm sure there will be tons of people for the midnight showing! We're going to see it sometime later this week. :)

Bev Gerard said...

Awwwwwwwwwww, leave it to you to create a wonderful inspiration with "faux embossing"! Love the B&W ... very stunning!

~Bev

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

I totally thought these were embossed. Fantastic!

Lagene said...

This is stunning in the black & white!!!

Lee said...

Oh that is absolutely STUNNING Cammie!!! What a great faux embossed look!!!

Becky said...

I love this!! this black & white is stunning.

Sandy said...

Yup, it's A-1 COOL. The black and white really add focus to the bird. FAB:)

Debby said...

wow this looks amazing!!!You are so creative!!!

Donna said...

Very striking in black and white. I would have never thought to do that. Great idea.

Kathy Martin said...

So elegant! :)

Theresa Momber said...

What a jaw dropper! This is stunning!

Cat Tidwell said...

wowza Camster! loving this in black and white! You rocketh!

My sister went at the midnight showing last night where she lives, then had to call me and tell me about it! at like 3 AM!! LOL!

Lynette said...

Awesome card, Cammie! I always love black and white. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about Eclipse.

Starla said...

Love your faux embossing (whodda thunk?!!) This is just stunning in b/w!!
I never jumped on the Twilight series (yes, just shoot me now)...but the girls at the office are counting down HOURS, hehe

colleen said...

WOW... I too thought they were embossed! This is so amazing! WOW. Neat idea!

Melissa said...

beautiful white and black. I especially love the white bird!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Cammie! I love the black and white combo and the embossed effect! The vellum border is great!

Melanie said...

awesome B & W design!

asela said...

Fantastic! I love the black and white look. YOu are the bomb!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous elegant card with Nina's set, Cammie!