Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday = Bliss!

Happy Friday!
Things have been so busy and most of the creating I have done in the last week or two has been stuff I cannot show yet...mostly publication stuff.

The kids also started school and, although my youngest started off liking kindergarten, she is now crying every morning (and various times throughout the day)....it has taken its toll.

I am sure she will get used to it but the past week has been really emotionally draining for us both.

Here is a card I made and never posted. I loved this designer paper from American Crafts. I used sections of it to create a layered flower and cut out the stem. I added the chipboard sticker and pearl on top for added dimension. Materials used: cardstock-white, slate (Gina K Designs); Patterned paper- I DO: Roses (American Crafts); I Do: Dahlias (American Crafts); rub on- Mini pounce phrases multi (Dear Lizzy + American Crafts); Townhouse printed chipboard shapes (American Crafts); slit punch (SU!); pearl accents-Recollections (Michael's); sewing machine.

And here is a picture of my little slugger at his first game last Sunday:

He is loving his new league---it is tough and they lost their first games (back to back games against the same team.) But he did really well and had FUN!
He has another tournament this weekend... :)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Lynette said...

Great card - beautiful flower! I'm so sorry to hear the Lauren has started not wanting to go to school. Hopefully that will be short-lived. And I'm very happy that your son is having fun playing baseball - that's what it's all about!

Kathy Martin said...

Gorgeous card! Love that flower and the cut out leaves! :)

Whimsey said...

Great flower; love the sticker in the middle and the dimension the stem & leaves add!

LOVE the pic of your son; he looks like a true professional!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a gorgeous flower Cam!! Beautiful!! And what good form your little slugger has!! Watch out for the majors!!

Hope your little one gets used to Kindergarten real soon. I know how hard that is for the mom. :o)

B said...

Fun layered flower! :) The dimension is just fab! And wow, look at your fab little slugger! :) And having fun is the most important part!

Debby said...

very pretty card.Cute picture of your son.I agree he does look like a professional player.

Lori said...

Aww, sorry to hear about Kindergarten tears :( The pic of your son is super! Love the action shots. Your card is fabulous, I have the stamp that goes with the paper, and love the dimension it gives.

Starla said...

Love the cut out of the flower which just adds to the dimension.

Poor little one not liking school anymore!! I hope she didn't have a "bad" experience or run in that is causing her grief!!

And your little slugger sure gives it his all, doesn't he!!

Dawn Easton said...

Love what you did with that paper! Your flower is gorgeous!!!

Sorry that your daughter is not liking school so much. I'm sure that will change soon. I totally understand and remember how draining it is to deal with issues like this. Hope all turns around soon!

Unknown said...

Cammie, next time Lauren cries, call me because Sammy's crying too, which makes ME cry. Its been a rough week!

Hoping this week goes better for ALL of us. (((hugs)))

Jessie/knightrone said...

Poor baby!! I hope it gets better for her and for you!! Gorgeous cards, though!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

that dp bloom is GORGEOUS.....

and...wow...quite a little batter ya got there...most important is that baseball is FUN