Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Taylored Expressions October Sneak Peek Day 2

Hello!  Welcome to day two of sneak peeks for the Taylored Expressions October release! 

Today, I am peeking The Cool Crowd (by Emily Burger for Embracing Grace line.) This set is choc full of adorable snowmen and fun coordinating sentiments, including the little snowman poop poem (that I just HAD to use!)

First, I created a simple card---turning one of the snowmen in the set into a little snow globe.  To create the globe, I just cut out a circle of Kraft cardstock and then perched it on a piece of felt that I cut with one of the new Label Stacklet I dies. (I just cut the label in half to create the look of the bottom of the globe!):

I colored the stamped image with Prismacolor pencils and then added the white around the edges of the snow globe and the edge of the card using a white pencil.  He is such a happy little guy and I love that sweet little bird keeping him company.

Next, I just could not resist using the snowman poop poem in the set.  The poem reads:
"You've been naughty, so here's the scoop... All You get is snowman poop!"  So funny--I cannot wait to stick these in my kids' stockings this year:) 
I stamped the sentiment on vellum and then wrapped it around the base of the tube.  I used the new Make a Snowflake die to cut a felt snowflake to finish off the top of the tube.

Here are the new dies that I used on my projects today:


The TE baker's dozen team will be providing inspiration through Friday.  If you missed yesterday's sneak peeks, I encourage you to go take a peek at the blog hop...the projects are wonderful!  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, October 4th at 8 a.m. PST.  You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.

Also, if you join the TE Facebook page, you will get an early peek at the stamp sets as well as an opportunity to win a SPECIAL Facebook giveaway TONIGHT beginning at around 6 p.m. PST.

Here is the list of the other participating blogs today--Cannot wait to see what everyone created!

Carolyn King - Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh, I love the snowman on kraft, it's so pretty! Loving the snowman poop too, so adorable! Love this set!

Jami said...

Your little snowglobe is s clever and cute - epecialle on kraft! And I love the little snowman poop favor you created!

Jen Shults said...

These are so cute! I love your snow globe and that stocking stuffer is adorable!

lisa808 said...

Fab snowglobe card. Cute treat holder and fun poem.

Donna said...

Two grand ideas. I used the snowman poop saying a couple years ago. Your kids will love this. I also like the snow globe idea. I just might have to try that! Thanks for the inspiration!

Melody said...

Adorable! Loving the snowman on the kraft!

Natalie said...

So stinkin' cute!! And fun!

Billie A said...

Darling I love the snowman on Kraft and making a snowglobe is an awesome idea. Very cute card. Love the snowman poop also. LOL.

Renee said...

Your little snow fella is a cutie and on that kraft paper he really looks handsome indeed!

Unknown said...

Sweet projects, Cammie! I LOVE the snowglobe in kraft and the snowman poop will be a great stocking stuffer!

Amy Johnson said...

The snowglobe card is so cute! I never would have thought of making my own snowglobe with felt and cardstock! What a brillant idea!

Starla said...

Very clever in the snow globe makings!!
I LOVE the snowman poop!! hahaha
And I just might NEED the snowflake dies....no one can have too many different snowflakes, right?!!!!

Lynette said...

So wonderful, Cammie! I LOVE your snowglobe - what a fabulous idea! The snowman poop is cute, too.

Shannon White said...

Ohh Wow! Cammie! I LOVE your Sweet Snowman on the Craft!! Such a Darling Snow globe too! LOVE this! And your Snowman poop treats are too Darned CA-UTE!!! Your kids are gong to love these!

Hugs
Shannon

Taylor said...

What a cute idea for the snow globe! So clever!! And I love your snowman poop! What is the poop exactly? I use marshmallows, but yours looks like candies of some sort!