Sunday, January 20, 2008

Simple Saturday

My weekend time is usually spend doing family things and time is very limited for stamping. Today, I have two very quick cards to show you (both take about 10 minutes to create!)

The first card was created for the inspiration challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Although it is difficult to see in the picture, there is an embossed edge on the vanilla piece. I just love the simplicity of this. The main image is from SU Garden Silhouettes. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and is available at Stamper's Dream.

Materials used: Stamps-Garden Silhouettes (SU!), sentiment - Hero Arts; cardstock-kraft, vanilla, black; ink-black; markers-orange, mustard, choc chip (SU!); cuttlebug and Nestabilities; black brads; ribbon (SU!); hemp (SU!).

The next card is a quick little card that I made using scraps on my table. It measures 4.25 by 4.25 and will be a cute card when I need one in a pinch! All stamps are by Hambo Stamps. The sentiment cracks me up!



Materials used: Stamps-Hambo; cardstock-black, white, decorative paper by American Crafts; ribbon; markers (SU!); brilliance black ink.

I will be back tomorrow with a short tutorial on the m&m card I posted a few days back. A few have asked for directions and I figured I would post them on here.

I almost have my list done of stamps for sale (What a chore!)

Don't forget to add a comment for blog candy below!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great. the first card is strikingly beautiful. The second is adorable. I guess you do all styles well!!

Shannan Teubner said...

The first card is just gorgeous, and the second one cracks me up too! Love them both!

Dawn Easton said...

Both cards are wonderful! 10 minutes? Wow...girl you got some awesome creativity there! Love the embossing on your first card...adds so much! Your second card is stinkin'cute ;) Love the sentiment too!

Unknown said...

BLOG CANDY wow

I would have left a comment anyway

The first card is just adorable. I love the quick and oh so sweet look. The one huge problem I have with that is that it takes me an hour to come up with a 10 minute card. Yours turned out fab I love it. I see casing in the near future

Billie

Unknown said...

Love your 'thanks' card... the colors are great with the pop of yellow; and that skunk/sentiment are too funny!! Awesome work girl!

Jennie Skaggs said...

I love the skunk card...my sisters nickname growing up was stinker..though she still denies it to this day. LOL Jennie

Jennifer Buck said...

So cute! Love these! TFS :)

Anonymous said...

I just love both cards, but I especially snicker at the second one. Perfect belated card!