Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tell me why the caged birds sing?

Woohoo! Got a little time to play---it has been tough making time to stamp lately but today--during my dd's nap and my son's rest time--I created this:

I LOVE this new Inkadinkado stamp called LA CAGE AUX FOLLES. It is so elegant and really requires little else to make a beautiful card. After stamping the image in brilliance black on vanilla cardstock, I edged it with olive ink and a sponge. Then, I layered it on a Nestability scallop rectangle. I positioned it so that the scallops only shows on the top and on left side. The olive cardstock layered underneath was embossed with the Allegro cuttlebug folder (I thought the music was appropriate with the birds!)

I used my cuttlebug die slider to create the ribbon slide and the sentiment is from one of my favorite sets called Frames & Messages by Hero Arts.

One of my favorite parts of this card is the little pull on the top of the birdcage, which was created using a little piece of black plastic cord and a brad. I think it gives this such a neat look! After the card was complete, I colored the birds and the sentiment with my Sakura stardust gellyroll pen.

Here is a close up of the image. You can see the little cord better on this photo but the stardust didn't show up very well (insert sad face).



Materials used: Stamps-Frames & Messages (Hero Arts), LA CAGE AUX FOLLES (Inkadinkado); cardstock-vanilla, olive, blue (SU!), designer paper-Lily Kate by Basic Grey; Cuttlebug, Allegro embossing folder; Nestabilities, slide die; ribbon (May Arts); Sakura stardust gellyroll pen; silver cord (SU!); silver brad (SU!); black cord; slit punch (SU!); ink-brillance black, olive (SU!); dimensionals (SU!).

All of the stamps and the cuttlebug folder for this project can be found at Stamper's Dream. Check it out--you will LOVE the variety of stuff Michelle carries.

Thanks for stopping by! ****Don't forget to check out the post below this one to be entered to win blog candy!****

25 comments:

Unknown said...

What a stunning card! I adore the loop at the top of the cage, and the Allegro cuttlebug folder is the perfect touch!

Perfect...in every way! :-)

Bethany Paull said...

This really is elegant. Very nice.

Linda Carson said...

Love it! very creative!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is beautiful!! I love the little black cord at the top!!! So beautiful!!

Lee said...

Oh Cammie!! This is so elegant and beautiful!! I love that loop!! And the scallops along the 2 edges is such a pretty look!!! Fabulous card!!

stampmonkey said...

That looped 'hanger' on top of the bird cage totally takes that card over the top -- very clever! Love it!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I may have to add that image to my wish list. It's really growing on me. :)

Judi said...

Beautiful card. I agree, I love the handle on the cage, so cute. TFS

Christi Flores said...

This card is gorgeous!!

Denise Marzec said...

What a cool idea to add the brad and black cord! You rock!

Jenny Gropp said...

Love the cord lop and brad, very clever!

Anonymous said...

I love the unique way you layered all the scalloped edges on this card. Very eye appealing! Love that bird cage, especially the little bird sitting on top! very cute card, TFS

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Beautiful card!!♥ The name of this stamp cracks me up, it's the title of an old french comedy about a (somewhat old too!) gay couple that does burlesque shows!!... :-)

Janine said...

This is beautiful. We have this stamp in the store where I work but never thought I would use it.
You did a great job!

RaeAnne said...

i love how vintage your card looks..

great job

Carla said...

This is a masterpiece! I LOVE that stamp! Do NOT be tempting me! The loop was a touch of brilliance!

Bunny B said...

Gorgeous! I love it.

lunurse said...

I love looking at your blog- always such great ideas! And thanks so much for posting the link to your friend's online store- they actually had some Cuttlebug stuff I've been looking for, so I snatched it up!

A Creative Need said...

OMG! This is fabulous! I love this cage image. The way you used the plastic loop at the top gives the whole cage a three dimensional look! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful image and what a great idea withthe cord - perfect!!

Rita said...

Beautiful card! Luv the colors & DP!

Jennifer Buck said...

This is sooo cute! Love it! TFS :)

Rose Ann said...

I LOVE what you've done with this image! So beautiful!! (I've been eying that stamp)

jjcreations said...

I didn't do any blogging over the weekend....this is gorgeous. I love this bird cage. Joan

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful image and a beautiful card!