Monday, July 14, 2008

CHA Bound---and a Cute Critter!

I am heading to Chicago tomorrow morning for the Copic Certification course and CHA! I am so excited. I will be back next week with a quick update a card or two and then off to the NJ Shore for a vacation with my kiddos. ****Look for lots of CHA pics in August (when I get home to my photo editing software!)

Here is a cute card I have been wanting to share---I love this critter---such a happy Kangaroo and I always seem to grab for her when I want to make a fun whimsical card. I couldn't resist adding the little basket in her hands!

These stamps are from Melanie Muechinger's Just so Hoppy set, distributed by Gina K Designs. Gina also carries these FABULOUS rain dot eyelets....I have been wanting to use them to thread hemp through since I got them (then, truth be told, I temporarily lost them but found them again in the move--woohooo!)

Here is a look at the inside of the card:



Materials used: Stamps-Just so Hoppy (illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K Designs); ink-brilliance black; paper-olive, whisper white (SU!); rain dot eyelets (available at Gina K Designs); corner punch (SU!)Designer Paper (Cosmo Cricket); white gel pen (SU!); prismacolor pencils; odorless mineral spirits (available at Gina K. Designs); twinkling h20s; Spellbinders Nestability dies; Cuttlebug (Provocraft); hemp (Stampin' Up!); dimensionals.

Fun Schtuf!
Don't miss the newest stamp sets from Gina K Designs that will be available on July 24! They are awesome--I so wish I could play along. I am sure the dt will have tons of eye candy for you to see. Check out
Gina's blog for updates and sneak peeks!


Thanks for stopping by!


17 comments:

Mandy said...

Super-cute! Love the coloring and the style of the card. I'm SO jealous by the way! I'm going to CHA, too, but I won't be there in time for the Copic Certification! Boo-hoo! :( Maybe I'll run into you, though!

Christina Fischer said...

Adorable card!! You always have such great folds and details! :)

Have a great time at CHA -- I'd love to be there someday!!

Christi Flores said...

This is so cute!! Have fun at CHA and the Copics Certification (I am so jealous)!!!

Anonymous said...

I just got home from the Milwaukee Certification class and had the opportunity to meet Marianne last night at a LSS free demo. She is fantastic and will keep you entertained as she educates! Have fun! (And since, I can't attend CHA, I will stalk you in August for your perspective.)

Carolina said...

What an adorable card - the colors and the fold is just so fun! Hope you have a blast at CHA, so bumming I can't go this year! I just went through the Copic Certification and just the free markers alone was worth it!

Rita said...

Adorable card, I luv it! Have fun in Chicago!

Amy said...

What a cute card...I like the design! Have fun at your Copic Certification, CHA and enjoy your much needed vacation!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome card!! Such cool folds!

Have fun at CHA!

dpkennedy said...

Oh this is just adorable! Love the design of your card and your coloring is terrific! Have a fun trip...wish I was going too!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Carolyn, this is super duper cute!!! Love your fold...so fun!

Have a FABULOUS time at CHA!

Ila said...

Super Cute and Amazing! I love how you did the folds..and your coloring and image..and everything!!

Lee said...

Oh wow!!! What a fab, fab card design!!! I love that!!! And oh definitely a darling critter!!!! I'm soooooo envious about that Copic Certification.......learn lots and come back and teach us!!! LOL

Unknown said...

What an adorable card! Love your inside view!

I'm looking forward to meeting you at CHA!! Will you be wearing a crown, your royal highness? heehee...

Congrats on winning PaperCrafts contest!

Laura lok said...

adorable. and with your talent the class will be a breeze

Theresa Momber said...

Adorable! The basket is an awesome touch. Have fun at CHA!z

rudlis said...

Oh Carolyn, adorale and sweet card! Greetings from Poland:)

Vicki G said...

Carolyn!! that is absolutely adorable. Hope you are having a wonderful vacation and it was So nice to meet you at CHA!!!!!