Friday, November 7, 2008

Heart to Heart Spotlight #7 - TCP

The Cat's Pajamas!
(Check out the new release Candyland Christmas---ADORABLE!)

Alma (the owner of this swanky stamp line) is a doll. I have had the pleasure of meeting her a couple of times and I can tell you that she is such a sweet and unassuming person (with a rockin' sense of humor)!

When I sent out an email to Alma asking if she would like to sponsor the Heart to Heart blog candy she wrote back "Whatever you need". She sent me a HUGE and HEAVY box of fun stuff to give away......That sums up Alma. Huge heart and great talent.

My first card features this pup (Puppy Love)--he is so cute and I just had to make a little Valentine with him.

I overlayed the swirl cut cardstock over white cardstock. I added red stickles over all the red in the stamped image (around the heart and the heart antenna and collar). I added a little silver clip at the top of the image and tied some fun ribbon to it. Isn't he adorable?

Materials used: Stamps-Puppy Love (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink; stampin up real red marker; red stickles (Ranger); cardstock-white, red (SU!); ribbon (Offray); hardware clip (We R Memory Keepers); Swiss die cut cardstock (Creative Imaginations); rub-on - Cherished Memories (SU!); dimensionals (SU!).

I had to make a card with one of my favorite TCP sets- It's a Mod, Mod World. Love this rocket--it is so fun to play with. So I decided to make a birthday card for a four year old boy.

For this card, I paper pieced the rocket. I used my Cuttlebug numbers embossing folder to add some texture and cut out the number 4 from an embossed piece for the tag. (I REALLY need to get some number/letter dies--any suggestions?!)

I added some punched stars to make the rocket look like it is heading into the sky.


The final touch is some rocket "smoke" which I created by cutting thin strips of designer paper and rolling them around a paint brush. Then I attached them under the rocket "thingys"?--what are they called--exhaust pipes? No clue....just like it!



Materials used: Stamps-It's a Mod, Mod World (The Cat's Pajamas); cardstock-very vanilla (SU!); Designer Paper-Zoom Collection (Crate); Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Numbers Embossing Folder (Provocraft); Fiskars Threading Water Punch; Jumbo eyelet (SU!); hemp (Hobby Lobby); dimensionals (SU!); star punch (SU!).

Alma--You Rock! Thank you so much for donating a million bajillion things to the Heart to Heart Blog candy. The drive was such a success in no small part to caring people like you. Love ya!

Coming next week: Gina K Release and some fun altered projects! Coming soon--my one year blogaversary---it's gonna be FUNTABULOUS!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

30 comments:

Jami said...

These are both really great, but I just love that rocket smoke!!! How fun!
hugs, Jami

Toni K said...

Great cards!I love the rocket and the smoke you came up with! Very clever indeed.

Colleen said...

Just adorable cards, I love the rocket ship.

Janine said...

Great cards... The rocket ship card is just perfect!

Debby said...

lucky you ;)Fabulous cards both of them!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Both of these cards are wonderful love the layers and the piercing. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love that doggie valentine Cam!! And your rocket with the smoke and number tag is just adorable!!

Angie said...

So cute! I love the TCP images, but I don't own any yet. My husband would know the actual, real term for those exhaust pipe thingies (He's a crew chief on F-16s), but that's what I call them too!

Niki Estes said...

Great cards, Cammie! I love that rocket ship. Great colors, dimension, etc!

tyrymom29 said...

I love your cards ....THe Rocket is Awesome !!!

Sharri said...

Awesome card! I love that rocket ship and the rocket smoke is very clever!
I can not wait to see what you have to share next week!

Christi Flores said...

Both of your cards are fantastic!!!! I love that rocket smoke! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute cards...how awesome of her to be so generous!!

Rita said...

Both cards are so adorable! Luv that black, white & red!

Maria Matter said...

Your cards are fabulous!!! Love the red/white/black combo with the swirls and the cute puppy!!
The rocket and smoke are wonderful, great papers too!
Blessings, Maria

Stacy Morgan said...

Cute and that rocket card is awesome.

Alex said...

Absolutely fabulous, I really love them both, but the rocket is amazing - love, love, love the way it smokes!!! Totally adorable!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alma de la Rosa said...

Aww Shucks! I am just so happy to create designs for you to make great stuff with.

YOU Rock!

Dawn Easton said...

Ohhhhhhh both are fantastic! Love that swirl overlay on the first one...so cool!
The rocket card is adorable!!

Lynette said...

Both of these cards are so awesome, Cammie! But that is just to be expected:) I love the swirl-cut paper overlay. Love the rocket smoke. Love it ALL! Thanks for sharing so much of what you do.

Unknown said...

Cute cards, Cammie!!

6 wacky women said...

Thanks for stopping by, Carolyn. I just love this card, great colors. You have such beautiful creations on your blog.
Take care
Karen

Shirley said...

Too too cute! Love the great little guy card. The other card is just so ultra modern and sophistocated too! Love it!

Kim said...

What great cards Cammie! I really like the black and white one it's so elegant looking! That paper is AWESOME!
hugs~ Kim

Theresa Momber said...

Cammie, these cards are awesome! What great details you added. The swirl DP is stunning and the rocket smoke, well, it rocks!!!

Carolina said...

Cute cards Cammie and what a wonderful, generous person is Alma! Glad the Heart to Heart blog was such a huge success!!!

Christina Fischer said...

Holy cow -- these are fabulous! That rocket card is out of this world (heehee -- no pun intended)!!

Kim said...

Great samples Cammie!!!! You are truly a sweetheart!

dpkennedy said...

Both of your cards are adorable! I love the rocket smoke! Super cute addition that really makes this rocket come to life!

Emma said...

Brilliant cards. Fabulous colours. x