Friday, January 15, 2010

Still in Stitches!

Happy Friday! This week went so fast! I am so enjoying having my husband home so time is flying.
As promised yesterday....here is the "other" card I was working on with a stitched heart. The premise is the same--Use a Mega heart punch (Marvy) as a template to create piercing holes around and then remove template and hand stitch with thread.)
I originally stitched two hearts because I figured I would mess one up (and they were easy to do while watching TV with my daughter!)

For this card...I added a bunch of punched hearts along the side (punched from paper scraps!)...did some machine stitching along the side and added some ribbon and buttons.
It is rather busy on the left.....but I kept the right side of the card very simple to keep the focus on the sentiment, "The best thing about me is you"---LOVE this! It is one of the new sentiments in the LOVE NOTES set (by Gina K Designs) and it is free this month when you buy three other stamp sets.

Materials used: Stamps-Love Notes (Gina K Designs); su markers-red, black; red thread; paper piercing tool, Marvy Mega heart punch; designer paper-black-The Mod Retro Stack (DCWV), Farm Fresh (October Afternoon); Report Card (October Afternoon); Grandmas Christmas Soup (Jillibean soup); ribbon-SU!; white cardstock-Gina K Designs; sewing machine.

Just another way to use a stitched heart in your design!
Have a great FRIDAY!

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Donna said...

Very cute, Cammie! I have to try that stitched heart. Looks like fun. So glad you have some time with DH. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card, Enjoy your weekend with your DH. Happy Friday Debi in MA

Unknown said...

LOVE this card girl!! way to rock the stitching ;)
happy weekend to you & yours!!

Anonymous said...

Cammie, I just adore this!! You do such a beautiful job with the stitching!! How sweet!! HUGS

Silke Ledlow said...

Cammie - I'm so happy your hubby made it home safe and early :)!!! I pray for a quick recovery!!!

Both of your heart stitched cards are gorgeous!!! Love the CAS style!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

stampmonkey said...

I'm so happy for you and your family that your hubby got to come home to you...even if it was because of an injury. Hopefully he'll be good as new in no time (does he get to stay home once he's recovered?).

Both of your stitched heart cards are so cute --and creative (something you're really good at)! I love the heart balloon with that darling little girl, and this one with the punched hearts and beautiful sentiment is so sweet. Beautiful job and love your creativity, Cammie!

Debby said...

Love this card Cammie,it's super cute!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Another creative and charming card Cam!! Love this!!

Maria said...

You are just stitching up a storm! Love it! Love the idea of using a punch as a guide!

Joanne (jojot) said...

'sew' sweet

Anonymous said...

Hey I love the blog. I've been looking for more information on How To Rap and I was wondering if you have any good tips or pointers? I'm getting ready to move and I need all the information I can get. Thanks!

Jana Weaver said...

another great card...hoping to try this myself soon!

Sue from Oregon said...

your hand stitching shows such wonderful patience and detail!

Rose Ann said...

I love your variety of small hearts, and your stitched one looks perfect!! Love this, Cammie!!

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Tina said...

Cute cute!!! Love that easy stitching.

Anonymous said...

Hey I love the blog. I've been looking for more information on Personal Trainers Sammamish and I was wondering if you have any good tips or pointers? I'm getting ready to move and I need all the information I can get. Thanks!

Kimmiek said...

This card is really sweet!!
Enjoy seeignthe hand stichcing & tip of using punched shapes as templates...:}
Thanks!!