Monday, August 23, 2010

Gina K Preview and School Begins!

Welcome to Day 2 of the Gina K Previews! Tonight the design team is using Farm Life (illustrated by Theresa), Boo! (illustrated by Asela), and Faithful Florals (illustrated by Tami)!

I am a sucker for a good Halloween set and so my sample today features Boo!: I love love love the banner Boo in this set. (I also love that there is a banner of cobwebs in the set too!) Tooo fun!
There are lots of images in this set to create a spooktacular scene - I used the little jack-o-lanterns on this card, wanting to keep the focus on the sentiment. The background of the front panel is a transparency web that is adhered over the Kraft cardstock. The front panel is about 1.5 inches shorter than the back panel so the green on the inside shows when the card is closed.


For more samples with the stamp sets being previewed tonight, please check out these participating designer's links:


Reminder--the Release party is this Thursday night, August 26 from 7-10 central time. All of the new products featured this week on our blogs will be available for purchase online through GinaK Designs right after the party at 10 pm. We hope you'll make plans now to be able to join us in all the fun!

In my other life :), my kiddos ALL started school today. Cara (9th grade), Lauren (kindergarten, sob!) and Ben (2nd grade). Here they are just before leaving this morning:

Since I am the lunch bunch coordinator at Ben/Lauren's school...I was there today for all the lunches and both had happy smiles for me! (Yeah!) Cannot wait to greet them coming off the bus with the cupcakes I made for their "first day of school special treat!" (Lauren's choice!)

Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

Suzanne J Dean said...

Spooktaculous fun Carolyn--I love the images on that kraft, too fun! And wow school already--yikes-mine start Sept 7 and I'm not ready for my oldest to start High School, scary, lol!

hugz,
Suzanne

Theresa Momber said...

Oh, I love, love, love it!

Lee said...

What a fun card! And OMGosh look at your kiddos!!! What a sweet photo!!!! Don't they just grow up too darn fast??

Casmiles said...

Fun card, Cammie!

Anonymous said...

that is a cute card

Lagene said...

Fun card!!!

Debby said...

This is fabulous Cammie!
A Happy school year for your kids!!

lisa808 said...

Wow, love your Halloween card!

Carla S. said...

Fun Halloween card, Cammie! Love all the cute details!

Cat Tidwell said...

What an awesome Design on this Camster! LOVE it!

Sooo, did you cry all day? LOL! I was sooo sad when my one and only started kindergarten! And just felt lost...but I got over it, haha!

Detra said...

Cute cards but even cuter kids. tfs.

Lynette said...

Great card - great stamps! Nice picture of the kids, too. How awesome you got smiles from them at school! I bet they loved their cupcakes, too. I can't believe school has started down there already.

Allison said...

Great card! Love the spiderweb and how the front panel is smaller so the green shows!

Starla said...

Love the card!! Don't know why I'm so excited to see spider webs....hate the little buggers IRL!!LOL
I'm very impressed your kiddos let you take a first day of school picture. I have taken one in the same spot in front of the school since my oldest was in kindergarten. This year (8th) he nixed it (even after I said we'd get there early so NO ONE would see). The youngest(4th) just said, "ditto for me mom". Sob, sob....

Miesje said...

Love the back to school photo! Great card too!

Sharri said...

Love your Halloween card! Is that the banner die I see from MFT? I got that at CHA and would love it it worked for this set!
Your kids are beautiful! They grow up so fast don't they?

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Way, way fun Cam!! I LOVE all the webbing!!! And the scallops, ribbon and banner...way cool!! Awesome card my friend!!

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

The banner is fantastic! love all the colors!

Melanie said...

great card, I love those web transpearencies! where do you find them??
fun pic of the kids, I'll be sharing my Back to school when the peeks are over1 glad you survived!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my! What a fun card. Love those transparencies. They really add a lot to your design. I also love this adorable picture of your kids. What precious moments these are.

Kathy Jones said...

What a FAB Halloween card!!! Love the scallops and that awesome banner!!! Your kids look gorgeous and I hope they have a great week back at school!!

Anonymous said...

Love the card and how you scalloped the opening! Very cool! The kids look happy, so was my daughter actually! They must be up to something! LOL