Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back 2 School

Happy Sunday!
Things are jumping around here. I have another scrapbook page to share but first I want to let you know that I will likely be MIA for most of the week.

Why? ........Cause I am getting ready for the Heart to Heart Alzheimer's Card Drive that will take place on my blog one week from today.
What is it? A joint effort of the most amazing and generous companies and designers to provide a MASSIVE blog candy which will be awarded to one person who takes part in the card drive for Alzheimer's caregivers.

All I can say is that it is gonna be HUGE.

So excited!!!

Be sure to stop by on Sunday, September 26 for all the AMAZING details!

Now onto some scrapification--My three kiddos started school a few weeks ago and I made sure to take the traditional first day group shot in front of the house. But, this year, I also took some close ups of them getting ready to leave.

I just loved how they turned out because their expressions capture all of their emotions....so I had to scrap them--
I used several new lines of October Afternoon on this---Seaside, Campfire, Schoolhouse and Modern Homemaker. They all work so well together. I paired them with some Report Card shape stickers and Wild Cards and some Mini Market Stickers.

To create the title--I cut the bus shape from some patterned paper and then added the lettering and some wheels. If you look closely, you can see I used two letter"o" stickers from the Report card line to make the wheels and then just added some buttons in the centers. Here is a close up of the title:

I layered some wild cards and a sticker above my journal block:
Materials used: October Afternoon--Patterned paper- Seaside:Seashells; Schoolhouse: No 2. Pencil; Campfire: Tent Trailer; Campfire: Camp Stove; Modern Homemaker: Party Line; Stickers--shape stickers-Report Card; Mini Market Stickers-Green & Cream, Red & Cream; Wild Cards--Report Card.
Buttons, olive ink (SU!); sponge; sewing machine

Thanks for stopping by today!

17 comments:

Renkata said...

Such a precious and sweet layout!

Lynette said...

Awesome page, Cammie! Great details. And what a great looking family!

Janet's Joy said...

Great page! Love the back to school photos!

Gabriela said...

Ok - I've seen a lot of scrapbook pages in my time, but this, Cammie, THIS is senSAtional. I adore the tight shots on your babies' sweet faces, their smiles, and of course the DPs you selected, the LO and embellishments. Even my 12-year old loved it. You earned the Divine Seal of Approval today.

Gabriela Divine (the Divine One Dah-ling)

Kathy Martin said...

I LOVE your back to school page! That bus is awesome and I love how you included each child's grade! Very cool! And fab photos!

Amy Johnson said...

What a wonderful page! I love the paper/colors, the school bus and numbered border on the top of the page, and the vintage images and banners. Great job!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Your kiddos, your page, everything -- perfection! :)

Jodi Collins said...

What an AWESOME page Cammie! I am SO afraid of scrapbooking (lol), but this totally inspires me! LOVE all the new OA papers too!!

Lee said...

Wow! I have got to keep trying to scrap!! So many photos! LOL I'll be coming here for inspiration for sure! And your kiddos are just beyond precious!!! Like their mama!!

Donna said...

What a great page, Cammie. I love the kids' expressions. Great first day pics. Looking forward to all the details next week. Have a wonderful week!

Debby said...

fabulous job.Love all the cut outs!

Mary said...

Your scrap page is beautiful Cammie. I love the papers and all of the elements that you used.There is so much detail on this page. Just gorgeous.

Mary

Joanne (jojot) said...

the page is fabulous and the kiddos are beautiful/handsome...what a fab family you have there ....

Starla said...

I'm so impressed your kids posed for you. That was NIXED by both kids this year!! Grrrrr
Love the layout....

Lori said...

This is a fantastic page! Love all of the October Afternoon pieces. Your son looks very serious and grown up. Great pics.

Leslie Miller said...

What an awesome page and such great photos of your beautiful kids! You got right down to business already! Love how you made the sort of fringe on the paper. Very cool!

Laura Evangeline said...

I just love your blog!