Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gina K Mid Month Challenge Hop

Hello! Welcome to the mid month Gina K Design Team Challenge Hop! This month assignment was to create a card inspired by your autumn memory. (Note: for the challenge we were supposed to use newly released stamp sets but I totally forgot and selected a stamp set that fit perfectly with my favorite memories. Oopsie--five lashings with a wet noodle for me :)

Here is my Favorite Autumn Memory inspired card:

This card uses Feel the Magic set (which was illustrated by Gina's daughter Alicia). I adore this set and come back to it time and time again. My favorite autumn memories always seem to center around Halloween---seeing my kiddos dress up and the excitement they have about going trick or treating; carving pumpkins; hanging with friends; stomping through leaves; seeing all the neighborhood kids dressed up! LOVE it all!

I paper pieced a lot of the witches outfit and used Copics to color the skin and eyes. I added some crystal stickles to her hair and to the eyes and mouth of the jack-o-lantern. I love the fun glow it adds to the card.
I stamped the sentiment and highlighted the "witch" for obvious reasons. I finished it off with a few die cut stars and rhinestones.

Here is a close up of the cutie witch:

Materials used: Stamps- Feel the Magic (Gina K Designs); white cardstock-Gina K Designs; Patterned paper- Halloween mini deck (Recollections), Die cut Newsprint Spellbound (Making Memories); Canvas border stickers (Little Yellow Bicycle); Memento tuxedo black ink; Copic markers; crystal stickles (Ranger); twinkle rhinestone stickers (a muse); ribbon; hemp.


For all the information about how to enter your card into this month's challenge, please visit Gina K's blog, then check out these participating designer's blogs for more inspiration using the newly released stamp sets available through Gina K Designs:


Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

Juli Smith, said...

Love the sweetness of this design Carolyn. It shows Halloween can be fun and safe, rather than spooky and scary - I like that! :)

Lagene said...

Very cute card!!!

Lee said...

Oh you are so fun Cammie! And I love the script bg for this!!

Melissa said...

Adorable card Cammie!

Becky said...

This is so adorable.

Debby said...

such a cute Halloween card.Great job!

NinaB said...

I love all the elements and color on your card, Cammie.

Kathy Martin said...

Fantastic card! Excellent coloring and details!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Awww... what a fitting self-portrait! ;) Glad to see I'm not the only one who flubs up challenges! Thanks for making me feel better. Have a good day, Camster!

Melanie said...

there's my favorite Crystal Stickles!!! great design!)
(whip, whip, whip, i'll leave it at 3!)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Cammie- Very cute card!

Cat Tidwell said...

Well, since your card is sooo awesome....I dont think it matters...much! haha! We expect this of you! haha! Love it Camster!

Carla S. said...

Terrific Halloween card, Cammie! Love your cutie witch and fun details!

Starla said...

Now, this is just too cute to pull out the wet noodles...my favorite part? The stickles!! That bit of shimmer just adds the "magic" touch to the whole scene!

Donna said...

Such a cute card, Cammie! Love the little witch. Time is flying and it will be Halloween before we know it. Take care.

Miesje said...

Might be the "wrong" stamp set for this hop but I just love that it was because that card is adorable! Love it!

Patti J said...

So glad you used the 'wrong' stamp, Cammie! This card is so delightful!!! Love it, dear friend!!! That little witch is so cute and sassy! Thanks for sharing...

Theresa Momber said...

I just love this sassy little witch! So pretty with the sparkles.

Lynette said...

Super cute card, Cammie!

Lori said...

Super Halloween card! Love the hair on your sweet little witch. Fall Fun!

Jodi Collins said...

She is SO super cute Cammie! LOVE the layout and papers you used too!!

Jennie said...

this is so cute Carolyn! Love the script and fab design :o)

joy said...

Great card -- I love this image -- you have done a great job with the paper piecing.

Joanne (jojot) said...

bewitching beauty