Monday, September 27, 2010

Gina K Preview Day 2

NOTE: Heart to Heart Card Drive post is below this. Make sure you comment on that post to be entered to win.
*****
Hello, Welcome to Day #2 of the Gina K Previews. If you missed the first day, you should check them out---the cards were wonderful.

****And...just in case you missed the exciting announcement yesterday----Gina K Designs will be offering all the new sets PRE-CUT!!! (woohoo!)

Tonight the design team is showing samples made with Fanciful Fall and So Groovy. These sets are so fun.

Here is a card I created with Fanciful Fall:I admit----I was so drawn to this set for the tree. It is just beautifully done...but there are so many other amazing images in the set that I am sure you will see as you hop around. I stamped the tree and then just added buttons and a metal heart on the branches. I added some patterned paper strips (American Crafts) and then stitched along the bottom. I finished it off with some jute twine.


...and, because I originally planned to be peeking last night as well (but had to change because of the Heart to Heart drive being posted yesterday)...here is a card I created with Buds and Vases:
This set comes with a mason jar image, a vase and a pot PLUS some beautiful foliage images. It is a super versatile set. The first thing that came to my mind when i saw the mason jar was a jar of pencils. So...I went with the idea and paired it with a previous release called Back to School to create a teacher thank you note. I used the paper clip image and the little apple from the Back to School set and I hand drew the pencils.
The sentiment is from a set that will be released on Thursday as well- Labeled with Love.
I used a strip of Report Card, October Afternoon paper along the top to finish off this simple card.

For more samples with tonight's new stamp sets, please visit these participating designer's blog links:

The Gina K team would like to cordially invite you to our release party this Thursday night, September 30. We'll have contest questions, challenges, chatter, and lots of samples with the new stamp sets to share during the party. Please make plans to join us from 7-10 central on StampTV!

Thanks for stopping by!

26 comments:

Lee said...

That tree is soooo cool!!!! And the jar.....CUTE idea!!! Perfect for teacher gifts!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Cammie-Both of your samples are terrific. Great job on the pencils-too bad that's not a stamp, since I don't think I could draw them as well as you.

Kay S said...

Great cards, Cammie, and fun to see you here for the sneak peeks. Love the pencils in the jar and the cute apple embellie on it.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Very cool--love the graphic quality of both and those buttons just make it pop! Love 'em!

hugz,
Suzanne

joy said...

Love the buttons in the trees - what a super cool idea!

Becky said...

How cute..I just love the tree and love the buttons.

Melanie said...

how fun with the buttomns , that one little heart is just so precious!!!

totally lovin on your pencil jar!!!

Diane said...

What a creative idea with the tree.....I agree with you, that tree just calls to ya!!! Love the jar, too!!

Miesje said...

I love the tree and the jar - the pencils in there are perfect!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow! Love these cards! Great buttons I. Your tree and I love the alphabet strip on the second card!

Jennie said...

What a cool tree and your jar card is just over the top CUTE!!! Love the details and the dp you used.

Glad I wasn't the only one having problems posting on your blog candy..I thought it was my puter that was having issues and figured it didn't want me playing along :o) Card is almost made and linking later.
Such a wonderful cause Cammie!

Donna said...

Great cards, Cammie. And fun! Love the teacher card. Thanks for the inspiration!

Cat Tidwell said...

What an awesome tree card with the buttons! And love your pencils in the jar! hmmm....maybe you need to do a new set ima thinking? LOL!

Theresa Momber said...

Love the buttoned up tree! Super cute with the little red heart. Awesome combination of images on the jar card!

Carla S. said...

Great cards, Cammie! I love the clean designs and neat details on both!

Valerie said...

I adore the crisp tree card with the embellishments! And the jar of pencils? Brilliant!

Unknown said...

Awesome cards, Cammie! LOVE those pencils in the jar - what a fab idea!!! BIG hugs to you as I'm sure you've busy out of your mind right now with the big card drive! LOVE that you do that in honor of your beloved grandma!

Jessica said...

For some reason I'm having a lot of trouble making comments? Let me try again. I love your cards. I'm always drawn to trees for some reason... maybe it's the idea of long life... or what that tree has 'seen' in it's time. Well whatever, I just love them.

stampqueen said...

Great cards - love the buttons in the trees, and the pencil jar too.

Debby said...

fantastic cards!Love the jar and the tree with the buttons!

Phyllis Freese said...

I love your tree and jar of pencils. Both are so great for fall images.

Anonymous said...

I love these especially the paper clips on the bottom!!

Unknown said...

LOVE them both girl, but that tree IS stunning!!! Need to go check out that set ;) Thanks for commenting on my blog, I guess I have a case of the 'grumpies' today!! xoxo btw, you made my day with your random facebook ♥ the other day.... thank you!!!

Lauretta See said...

i love your style, these are all so beautiful :)

Allison said...

Fabulous cards! Love that tree image too and the mason jar turned into teacher thank you! Looks great!

Deborah Anton said...

Both cards are beautiful! Loving all the simplicity!