Thursday, September 9, 2010

Just Because

Oh boy---we are flooded here! The hurricane off the coast dumped TONS of rain in our area.....so much that the schools were closed yesterday! Yipes! (My youngest daughter was in a very good mood when she heard that she had off! Sigh!)

Here is a gift bag I created with some Gina K stamps- It was simple to dress up a plain white bag and make it FUN! I used Wild at Heart for the main image. I embossed it with white ep on black onyx cardstock. The result is almost like a painted texture. I cropped the image to fit it on the bag front. I simply added a few scallops, some decorative masking tape and a few rhinestone accents. Very simple.
The sentiment is from Fanciful Tags.

Thanks for stopping by!!

16 comments:

Jessica said...

I love this bag Cammie, it turned out great, love that big bold pattern!

Donna said...

What an adorable bag. Great use of Mel's new set. Love it! Could you send some rain our way. We haven't had any since July and we need to badly. Hope you won;t have to build an ark! LOL!

Maria said...

Oh so lovely! Stay safe.

Lynette said...

Fabulous bag, Cammie! Wow - sorry to hear about your flooding. And I hope Lauren starts LIKING school soon!

Starla said...

OOOOOOO!! I bet that this is one of those textures that you just want to keep on touching!!

Rain? What is this rain you talk of? Send it our way (maybe not the flooding part...just the rain part!)

Jennie said...

Oooo, just love this Cammie! Nice embossed with white on black :O)

Melissa said...

Awesome bag Cammie! I am adding it to my inspiration folder. I sure do miss you over at STV. I was just watching the crazy weather on the TV...eeeek! Stay safe!

Patti J said...

Great bag, Cammie - thanks for the inspiration! When I first saw your title, I figured that one of the kids didn't want to go to school...lol! It is pouring down rain in Mo. too - they're saying until Sat. night...UGH!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love this bag, Cammie! Very girly!

Allison said...

Gorgeous bag! Love the colours and design!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Sweet, Classy, Charming and Beautiful Cam!

Joanne (jojot) said...

bold and dramatic...fab packaging

and....stay dry

Evgenia Levitskaya said...

it's so wonderful-)))

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very pretty!! I love it!!

Deborah Anton said...

Love the simplicity of this!! Just a pop of color!! Awesome!

Naomi Thompson said...

Thats so gorgeous. I used to forget about the packaging when I made a card with gift for someone but its inspiration like this that that I love so much! Thankyou!!
Sorry to hear bout flooding. We went through it all few years ago in Hull, East Yorkshire!! Hang in there Huni!! xx