Friday, August 12, 2011

MFT Stamp Challenge

Hello! Happy Friday!
This week started out a bit bumpy so I really didn't have any time to play with paper and stamps. It was my husband's 40th birthday and on his actual birthday he was rushing back to the car to go out to lunch with me and the kids and he hopped over a hedge....and well....let's just say his ankles aren't in their 30s anymore :( We ended up in the emergency room that night for x-rays and thankfully it is not broken. (Although if you saw the pictures on FB, you would bet that it was.)

Anyway, after all that fun, he is back to work on crutches and life goes on. I needed a little jump start to my creativity so I jumped on this week's My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge- MFTWSC32: Here is my card using the sketch:


I paired the MFT Pure Innocence image, Are We There Yet? with some Echo Park Paper- Splash! (Love it!)


Thought this would be a fun combination for the last few weeks of summer :( (Sniff, sniff!) I colored the image with Copics and paper pieced the outfit. I layered her over the popped up sun (Echo Park, Splash!) and added a sticker sentiment over the sun (Random Thoughts by Bo-Bunny Press). I cut different layers of patterned paper for the sketch and added some twine (The Twinery) around the bottom of the card.


Thanks for stopping by today!


9 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Hi Cammie! It is so great to see you and your creations again! I hope you have been enjoying this summer with your family. Hugs, Harriet

Tina said...

So cute, GF!! Glad to see you crafting again! Ya... your DH's ankle looks almost as bad as mine did when I broke it a few years back... I now have lovely plates and pins in mine on both sides. He got VERY lucky!! Now... leave him be with being 40!!! LOL

Kathy Martin said...

Adorable! Colorful! Awesome!

Susan said...

Wonderful card. It's nice to have you back posting! So sorry to hear about your husband's accident. I've broken my ankle and understand the pain he must be in. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Anne Temple said...

Love your card and Splash is one of my favorites too. Glad you're able to craft and blog again. Sorry to hear about the accident, but at least it's a birthday your hubby will never forget(and will be able to laugh at a few years from now):-)! Glad to hear it's not broken.

Dawn Easton said...

So glad his foot/ankle was not broken. I did see the picture on FB....yucky! I don't do well with that stuff....lol
Your card is SUPER cute! LOVE the fun colours you used!

Donna said...

Love the card, Cammie! What a fun summer tribute. Visiting my son in Salt Lake City this week but thanks for stopping by my blog. Flying home tomorrow afternoon. Then have to get his brother ready to leave for his new job in Austria. Yikes! But at least we'll get a trip in to visit him too later this fall. Hope DH's ankle heals very quickly!

Glenda J said...

This is so bright and cheerful! Love it!

Joanne (jojot) said...

bold and fun.....love it