Sunday, January 6, 2013

GKD Sneak Peek - Stamp it Big

Hi there! I am super totally extremely excited today because Gina is sharing two more sneak peeks of the new January release stamp sets on HER BLOG.  Today's peeks are of my new set, Stamp It Big, and Melanie Muenchinger's new set, Stately Flowers 6 I love that I am peeking with my friend Melanie because she helped me so much with this set. It has been awhile since I released a set (before clear was available and before Gina has been cutting her own rubber).  Melanie held my hand while I was learning to navigate the software and offered tons of wonderful advice for the set.  Thanks sweet friend. xo

My card today features Stamp It Big.  To see a sample of Stately Flowers 6, check out Melanie's blog.  These sets also work very well together and I will be showing a sample of them together soon!

I am so excited to add this stamp set to my collection of Gina K stamps.  I have been wanting larger sentiments because I thought that was one thing that we don't have enough of... but I also wanted to create a stamp set that had MORE to offer.  Stamp It Big is a set that will work well with every other stamp set you own AND on it's own.  There are several large focal words and smaller accent words/phrases that combine to form tons of card sentiments. The patterns and icons make perfect backgrounds, focal images, and can be used to "Stamp Kiss" the larger words.  There is even a scalloped border stamp :)
And, there is a coordinating Silhouette file that will be available through Gina K Designs that contains outlines for the larger words and all of the smaller shapes as well as a large speech bubble and a thought bubble to add tons more options for using this set.  Don't have a Silhouette?  Not a problem--the set words well on its own and with punches you may already own.

For my peek--I used the set without using the Silhouette file:

I stamped the large "Friend" on the Pure luxury white cardstock using Memento Bahama Blue ink.   (Note: The sentiment that comes in the set actually says "Friends"...and this is to make the set more versatile.  With one or two small cuts, the "s" is easily removed to stamp the word "Friend" and then replaced to make "Friends".  You can also simply not ink the "s" but I prefer the previous method to ensure that no residual ink remains on the stamp and could end up on the card.)  I punched some small hearts with an old SU! punch I had lying around and then stamped checkerboard pattern on them using Memento tuxedo black ink before adding them to the card.  I popped up one to give it some dimension.

I used the stripe pattern block and stamped it repeatedly (totally simple to line up with clear stamps!) along the bottom of the card to create that border and then added some of the new Cherry gingham ribbon (available at Gina K Designs on Thursday night!) and a button from Tickled Pink Assortment of Buttons (also part of the new release!)


This graphic card was simple to make and the possibilities are endless for the combinations of patterns and sentiments.  You will see lots more ideas in the coming weeks.  LOTS!

All of the new stamps being peeked this week will become available in the What's New section of Gina K Designs on Thursday evening and there will be more sets peeked tomorrow on Gina's blog.  Please join us for an illustrators hop on Thursday morning at 8 am CST (9 am EST) to see all the new sets in action and then for the Release Party on Stamp TV on Thursday night from 7-9 pm CST (8-10 pm EST).

Hope you like my new set!  Thanks for stopping by!

29 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE it! Congrats on the new release! :)
Hugs,
True :D

Unknown said...

Welocme Back! I can tell from this sample it was well worth the wait for us! Have a gift certificate and it's just screaming to be used! lol Happy New Year!

Debbie Corbari said...

I LOVE your new set Cammie! You ROCK!

Melanie said...

Adorable card and great post! I am super totally extremely happy you did a new set!

Susan White said...

Love it Cammie This will me added to my list of must haves!!

Anonymous said...

I every time used to stuԁy piece of ωriting in news papегs but nοw аs
І am a usеr of net thеrefοre fгom now ӏ аm using net foг аrticles, thanκs to web.
http://uρсoming.yahoo.cоm/еvent/10693194/ΙL/Chicago/Watch-The-Clone-Wars-Ѕeаson-5-Episοde-12-online-Missing-in-Action/Chicago-Thеatre/
Here is my weblog :: Watch The Clone Wars Season 5 Episode 12

Debbie said...

Finally a set with larger letters. I can't wait for this to become available. I hope there are more to come!

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

Love the BIG bold sentiment. Fabulous card.

Paula said...

Adorable.. Love the color combo.

Connie Ludgate said...

Very cute card. I think the big words look great.

Jamie said...

Congrats Cammie, so happy for you:)

Donna Baker said...

What a great idea to make bigger stamps! I love your card--congrats on illustrating again!!! squeal!

Anonymous said...

I love this set Cammie! You have done an amazing job!! Bring on more fun! Hugs! Sean

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the idea of a set of larger sentiments, so I am looking forward to seeing more of this set.

Court said...

I have always wanted a set that says "you make me smile" because I always want to put it on a card to send it off in the mail! Great job!

Ravengirl said...

Wow, I love big bold sentiments!

Michelle Woerner said...

Dang girl! This rocks! Thanks for showing the versatility of your little background squares! Hugs!!

Donna said...

Wonderful peek, Cammie! Love your card. Looking forward to seeing your entire set!

Patti J said...

Totally love this, Cammie! And I'm so happy to see that you are designing sets again. Woot woot!!! Can't wait to see the whole set!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Oh Cammie! I am so excited for you! So happy that you are designing stamp sets again,and I love this one! Can't wait to add it to my collection! I already have all your other sets! :D
Adorable card ,thank you for sharing and for being brave enough to learn the software jungle !
Sending you Blessings for the New Year and a congratulations hug!
Mary

Michelle said...

Yay, Cammie!!! I love sets that are ultra versatile and I love the font on 'friend/s'. Your set is a must have. Your card is very cute. The checkerboard hearts are darling.

Gayle said...

Adorable card and sneak peek on your new set...can't wait to see the rest of the set.

Gayle said...

Adorable card and sneak peek on your new set...can't wait to see the rest of the set.

Lagene said...

Love the BIG & BOLD word stamps!

Kitty said...

Congratulations on your newest set, I think I hear my credit card starting to moan

Blessings,
Kathleen

Deborah Anton said...

Congratulations! Love the set so far and can't wait to see the whole set! Xo

Dawn Easton said...

Oh how fun! Congratulations on the new set! Looks fun! I don't own a silhouette but have been thinking of getting one. Very cool that there is a file available to go with this set!!!

Cynthia Clark said...

Love the stamp. That card is AWESOME!!!

Judi said...

Cammmie I am a newby , but I do love your stamps. Excited to see what you will have tonight!