Sunday, April 5, 2009

Just Ducky!

I *LOVE* ducks.

I love every duck stamp---so I HAD to have this adorable one called Lovin' & Huggin' by Penny Black. I got it from Stamper's Dream!
The background was created with the Labels I Nestabilities. I die cut one and then cut it down the middle, embossed it and then flipped them so that the flat middle edges were along the edges of the card. (It created the cute border at the top of the card.

The cardstock on this card is by Prism--I used the Orange pack, the accent Orange pack and the Island Mist pack. If you have never used Prism paper--you definitely should try it. It is beautiful and has a lovely subtle texture to it.

I used some Olive ric rac ribbon to line the bottom of the card. Almost everything on this card is from Stamper's Dream. Check it out for a great selection of stamps, ribbon, Spellbinders dies, JustRite products, embellishments, Prism Paper, primas, Cuttlebug folders, etc.

Materials used: Stamps-Lovin' & Huggin' (Penny Black), Expressions clear stamp set (Inkadinkado); Memento tuxedo black ink; Copic markers; Spellbinders circles, scalloped circles, Label I Dies; Cuttlebug; swirl embossing folder (Provocraft); ric rac (May Arts); buttons (SU!); paper piercing tool and mat pack (SU!); oval punches (SU!); corner rounder punch (Creative Memories); hemp; dimensionals.


Thanks for stopping by!

30 comments:

Tracey said...

Love this Cammie!! Those ducks are too cute!!

Anita said...

Cute card!

Tina said...

This is super cute, those ducks are adorable.

Rita said...

Luv it Carolyn, it's so adorable! Great idea to cut the labels in half & I luv the look it gave on the top part of the card...your so smart!!!

Nicole said...

HEY GIRL! I just saw your post's title and had to tell you this! I just scheduled a post earlier today to post tomorrow of a ducky bracelet and I titled it the same! HOW FUNNY! A ladybug bracelet on Tuesday!

Such a super cute card, there, Cammie!! HUGS, Nicole

Pinky Roth said...

Cammie, I love those little ducks...I might just have to purchase them. Your card is so adorable and this stamp would make a great card for just about any ocassion.

Pinky

Donna said...

Those ducks are so cute! Just love your card and the color combo! Great job!

Sue from Oregon said...

Great card! I love ducks too! I just made a card with this same stamp...I love to see other versions. This stamp just makes me smile!

Shelia said...

Thanks for the tip on cutting that in half. Those are adorable ducks, and you really made them stand out with your colors.

Stacy Morgan said...

This duck is darling, I will have to check this one out. Super cute card.

6 wacky women said...

Oh Cammie, this is such an adorable card! Love how you cut the
background in half, very creative!!

Karen x

Kit said...

love the ducks they are so cute. Love the idea of using the nestabilities as a background by cutting them in half

Best Wishes, Kit x

Joanne (jojot) said...

too cute....love the ducks

Christi Flores said...

This is fabulous Cammy! I love those ducks!!!

Lee said...

Oh my gosh I'm gonna have to find those ducks!!! My dd just LOVES ducks!! What a fun card!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

What a cute image!! Love this!

Casmiles said...

What an adorable card. Your colors are great - not ones I typically use, but definitely will (I have a hard time getting away from happy (bright) colors, but I'm learning to go outside of the box! Love the rickrack - will have to send this link to my sister, who JUST figured out you can use "that zigzag stuff mom used to use when she sewed" on your cards!!!

jclizer said...

SO SO adorable. Those ducks are CUTE!!!! Love that touch of olive too. So sweet! :-)

Carolina said...

What an adorable card Cammie - I think is by far one of the sweetes duck images I've seen in a while!

Denise Marzec said...

I love these huggin' ducks too, and I really love how you did that embossed background with the nestie die. The ric rac ribbon is a perfect accent to it too!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh, how totally adorable!

Unknown said...

Well that will teach me not to check my Google Reader for a day!!! I almost missed this little beauty! :-)

GREAT card, Cam! I LOVE what you did with the Labels 1 Die...genius!!! Those duckies are so cute!!!

Lynette said...

So cute, and you are so clever!

Starla said...

Those ducks are adorable!!

Crissy Armstrong said...

I love everything about this card! Love your cool new use of the nestie esp. and also that super cute stamp!

Alex said...

Super cute Cami, love the ducks and the nesties are fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Judi said...

So cute! The ducks are adorable.

Elena said...

So cute! The sentiment fits perfect!

Judy Rozema said...

What a fun card! Love the details too!

dpkennedy said...

Aww, I just love these ducks!