Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cut it out!

This week's Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger is brought to you by my friend Maren.....

<--She found this lovely plate in a Pottery Barn catalogue and created a beautiful card that was inspired by it.

I was intrigued by the simplistic elegance of it and wanted to try to make something understated and elegant.

I also used a bird on my card---but I created an one layer Easter card.....




Here is my card: It is hard to see what I did on this picture, so I took a few more so you can tell that the bird image was stamped in Versamark (so dark lines would not show) and then cut out....

I think you can see that it is a cut out much better in this picture:


I used some Prima swirl pearls to accent around the image, trimming the middle section where the window is:

Finally, I embossed the sentiment in white to make it pop on the Kraft paper.

<-----I took a quick picture to show you how I did the window. I used a Spellbinders rectangle die to draw the window on the card base (for stamp placement). Then, I stamped the bird in Versamark ink (so no dark lines would show after I cut) in the center of the rectangle.
Then, I drew the box lines closer to the bird...so the wings would touch the lines of the box.
I used my Fiskars pencil grip blade to trim all around the bird (as shown on left.)
Stamp credit: Easter Blessings (Gina K Designs)
What a fun challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!

23 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOWWWW, is that a cool looking card...AWESOME, girl!

Shelia said...

that is a beautiful Easter card. It expresses the meaning so beautifully.

Pinky Roth said...

Cammi, this is a beautiful card. I know it took alot of patience to cut that bird out.

Alyssa S said...

What a beautiful card with amazing impact! TFS how you did it :o)

Sharron said...

Very unique and lovely Easter card!

dee marie said...

Cammie - this is such an elegant Easter card. I just love the cut out work! Beautiful!

Casmiles said...

Talent - Cammie - to cut out such intricate pieces with your exacto - I don't have that steadiness. Beautiful card.

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow that is awesome Cammie - your cutting is perfectly done!!

Cynthia said...

This card is absolutely stunning! Your cut work is terrific!

Lori said...

Oh, Cammi, this is amazing! So elegant, and makes the statement. The patience that you have, wow.

Christi Flores said...

Wow Cammi!! This is gorgeous!!!

Anita said...

Wow! This is amazing.

Shauna K said...

so cool!!! thanks for the inspiration :D

Joanne (jojot) said...

outstanding...lovely....and so innovative

Jan Castle said...

E-L-E-G-A-N-T! Love it!
Jan Castle

Debby said...

Beautiful card!!!

Maren said...

STUNNING!!! :) I <3 how you have the pearls cross the image. PERFECT! Thank you for playing along my dear friend! See you soon! :)

Helen F. said...

This is STUNNING! I love the cut out bird and those gorgeous pearls.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Carolyn! What a unique approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)

Die Cut Lady said...

Carolin,
Congratulations great card!

Julia Aston said...

Great technique on that window - love the beautiful gems - congrats on getting a shout out from Cath at Moxie Fab world for this pretty card!

Cathleen said...

Wow! This is so pretty, congrats on your shout out!

Marilyn Hitterman said...

Really lovely card design, Cammie! Love the bird cut-out and the pearls! So feminine!