Wednesday, June 13, 2012

He's All That - Cardmaker Blog Hop

Hello! Welcome to another Cardmaker Blog Hop.  This month the team's blog hop theme is He's All That---masculine cards that can be for father's day, birthday, thank you, etc.

We all know what a challenge it can be to create a striking masculine design so I am especially excited to see what my awesome teammates came up with today.

Here is my father's day card:
I used some of my favorite supplies for this card and really like how they all complimented each other.  I used the Silhouette file Father and Son (Snapdragon Snippets LLC ) for the main image. (Love it!) The paper/sticker is by Echo Park: This & That: Charming collection.  I used a SRM sticker from Express Yourself-Father's Day along the bottom of the card.  The fun background paper was highlighed with some SU! Magic Mesh (remember that stuff?  I still have some!)  Finally, I added some Cappuccino baker's twine (The Twinery) that I wrapped around the card and then used my Tiny Attacher (Tim Holtz) stapler to secure in place.  All of the elements were sponged with some Tea Dye Distress ink (Ranger.)

Hope you like it!

If you want to see some really inspiring ideas---head on over to these blogs:
Cardmaker Blog
Kimberly Crawford
Carolyn King--- you are here!
Colleen Schaan
Anya Schrier
Trudy Sjolander
Michelle Woerner

Thanks for stopping by today!

16 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful father's day card. Love the silhouette image and what a fun way to attach the twine.

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is fabulous! I love the silouette and all your details to make the card 'striking'.

Patti J said...

What a wonderful card, Cammie! I am really beginning to like all of these silhouette images! At first, I wasn't so sure :) Beautifully done, dear friend - hope you and the kids have a good day today!

Kathy Martin said...

Hey! I just used that same Silhouette cut for a card earlier this month! http://card-blanc.blogspot.com/2012/06/love-my-tapes-fathers-day-blog-hop.html Great minds think alike! :)

colleen said...

This is amazing! That silhouette is just stunning on this! Fabulous!

Jingle said...

This is really awesome! Love it!

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW! This turned out really cool. I see some wonderful things from the Silhouette. Fantastic card! hugs to you.

Lora3677 said...

That is a great image!

Melanie said...

Adorable! Brings back so many sweet memories!

Beate said...

Cammie, your card is gorgeous! LOVE the silhouette and sentiment stamps you used.
Hugs and smiles

Donna said...

Great card, Cammie! Perfect for Father's Day.

Victoria H. said...

Oh I just adore your card!!! Love the father-son image.

Susan said...

That silhouette is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your fabulous card Cammie!

Evette K. said...

Just adore twine!! Your card is just a fab example of how to use this marvelous twine. Would love to win the sampler you are offering. Thanks. ekciampo@yahoo.com

anya said...

Cammie, I love the mix of products that you used on your card. I always think guy cards should have a lot of texture, and you really did a great job including that. Love the bold green shade as well!

Brooke said...

Sweet card!